Packing My Hospital Bag
It is so exciting getting ready for the little one's arrival! I am pretty sure I had my bag packed and ready to go at 30 weeks! I read through other Mama's blogs to see what was most useful and what was a waste of space. Here is what I ended up using!
My hospital bag:
- Phone charger
- Oil diffuser (no peppermint, it is known to reduce milk production)
- Selfie stick - This came in handy. We only used it a couple times but we got some really great shots!
- Bluetooth Speaker to play music
- Robe (I was freezing so layers really helped me)
- Comfy clothes to go home in - nothing restrictive
- Nursing tanks w built in bra
- Pj pants(or comfy stretchy pants)
- Slippers w rubber soles (again..layering really helped)
- Jacket(if a winter delivery)
- Ponytail holder
- Makeup/Makeup Remover
Items I did not need in my bag:
- Underwear -they supply mesh panties, I personally love them! They are boy shorts and oh-so-comfy!
- Pads-they give you an abundant supply
- Several pair of clothes- I made one wardrobe change the day I went home.
- Extra set of clothes
- Warm pj pants
- Travel Medicine:
- 3 Footed pjs in NB and 0-3 months bc you never know how big your baby will actually be until he/she pops out!
- Going home outfit (consider the weather)
- Car seat
- Boppy/my breast-friend pillow
- Blanket (if you really want one)
- Burp cloth
Items I did not need:
- Hats - The hat they gave her, worked perfectly on her little tiny head.
- Diapers- Unless you are doing cloth. I waited until Little Miss reached 10lbs before starting. The sposies were helpful with the meconium! That stuff sure does stick.
- Pacifiers- They supplied us with a paci but Little Miss refused the it until she was a month old.
I hope this list helps you decide what to bring! Please let me know if I forgot anything or if you had a different experience! Goodluck!